On 11/13/2012 3:45 AM, Lester Caine wrote:
> Lester Caine wrote:
>> I'm missing something simple I am sure ...
>> Am moving from 2.2 to 2.4 and this works on 2.2!
>>
>> http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk works ...
>>
>> The vhost file has 301 redirects from the original .aspx links, so
>> http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk/lifeinevesham.aspx is redirected to
>> http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk/wiki/index.php?page=Life+in+Evesham
>>
>> However there is a generic mod_rewrite for the machine in
>> mod_rewrite.conf which
>> should allow http://eveshamtc.lsces.co.uk/wiki/Life+in+Evesham to
>> work. The log
>> file is showing it being remapped to /wiki/index.php?page=Life+in+Evesham
>> but I'm getting a 'You don't have permission to access
>> /wiki/Location+and+Travel
>> on this server.' error.
>>
>> If I remove the LogLevel alert rewrite:trace3 then I'm getting a
>> AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /wiki/index.php
>>
>> I've got
>>      Options All
>>      AllowOverride All
>>      Require all granted
>> But only the last should be required
>>
>> So what am I missing to make this work on httpd2.4 ?
>
> So is NOBODY seeing this problem?
> I have the site live without re-write, so is it simply a matter of
> throwing httpd 2.4 into the bin and going back to 2.2? Now was the ideal
> opportunity to switch, but if something as basic as this is not working
> then is 2.4 actually any use at all?

You, good sir, would be well-served to install mod_info, which will tell
you exactly which directives are being applied to which containers. We
can guess at this all day, but there are a number of reasons for which
you might be receiving "client denied by server configuration" and not
all of them are obvious. Even to an expert.

-Ben