On December 4, 2012 6:00 , Andrew Thompson <and...@fulgent.co.uk> wrote:
If I go to the main URL – https://domain – everything appears to work fine. Internet Explorer shows me the padlock to say its excrypted and secured.

If I try to go to the nagios virtual directory http://domain/nagios <http://domain/nagios> - Internet Explorer refuses to show the padlock. Firefox comments that the connection is only partially encrypted.

My guess is that you did not tell Nagios that its URL should be https://domain/nagios rather than http://domain/nagios. If this is the case, then you are getting the Nagios main page via https://domain/nagios but that page is requesting content (images, stylesheets, etc.) from http://domain/nagios, resulting in the problem you see. To fix this problem, try following the instructions in the "Implementing Forced TLS/SSL" section at http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/cgisecurity.html Alternatively, put the following directive in the <VirtualHost *:80> stanza in /etc/apache2/sites-available-default in order to make all nagios traffic use HTTPS:

Redirect /nagios https://domain.com/nagios

If these things do not work, view the page source in your web browser and check in your web server access log to find out what, specifically, is being requested over HTTP.

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org