On December 4, 2012 10:58 , Andrew Thompson <and...@fulgent.co.uk> wrote:
Ok so my /etc/apache2/sites-available/default

File now starts:

<VirtualHost *:80>
                ServerAdmin     webmaster@localhost
                Redirect /nagios https://domain/nagios

                DocumentRoot /var/www

And so on until the last line
</VirtualHost>

This machine is purely for Nagios and has no other websites on it - only
https://domain/nagios

This correct?

Yes.

(restarted apache and didn't error this time - however still no padlock on the
/nagios virtual page)
the main https://domain is fine, padlock and displays the cert info.

OK, then I recommend trying to find out what content on the page is being requested via HTTP instead of via HTTPS. Once you know what it being requested via HTTP, you can then modify your configuration to get it served via HTTPS instead. To find out what content on your page is being served to you via HTTPS, see

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2632983/any-tool-available-to-detect-whats-not-https-on-an-encrypted-page

--
  Mark Montague
  m...@catseye.org