Hi,
before I start: I guess it is tricky missconfiguration but I don't get it :( May someone could help? What happend? I have upgraded from Apache 2.2 to 2.4. I was using AuthnProviderAlias to use two AuthUserFiles for Basic authentication. The configuration was working on Apache 2.2 but stopped working on 2.4. I have tried to simplify the use case. This was resulting in the following config: http://pastebin.de/31329 . As you can see it also fails with using only one AuthnProviderAlias. The difference between the working and the none working config is the use of the AuthnProviderAlias directive (last two lines in Directory section). I have already spoken to some peoples at IRC. They suggested me to run strace to see which files are opened by apache. The difference between the working and the none working configuration is just the use of the htpasswd file: http://pastebin.de/31328 Apache version and loaded modules: http://pastebin.de/31330 Any ideas what's going on there or how to dig further into the problem?
thanks in advance,
Daniel