On 27/12/2012 10:43 PM, "Benoit GEORGELIN (web4all)" <
benoit.george...@web4all.fr> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I just migrated from mod_php  to mod_fcgid on apache 2.2.23 and now I
have a problem on all .htaccess files who contains apache2 configuration
like Options, Adhandler etc..
> If the .htaccess is use to set different apache2 option, the process
crash. No error log, nothing at all.
> Exemple here:  http://dev.b2s-immo.com/
>
> Content of .htaccess
>
> Options FollowSymLinks
>
> Now, if I put
>
> Options +FollowSymLinks
>
> It's working..
>
> Same thing for all Options (FollowSymLinks, Indexes etc..)
>
> I was thinking that it was possible to specify "Options FollowSymLinks",
without + .
> Why by default it is not a + if there is nothing?
>
> Thanks for your help regarding this misunderstanding.
>
> Server Version: Apache/2.2.23
> mod_fcgid/2.3.7
>
> Vhost Config
> <Directory /xxx>
> Options ExecCGI -Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
> </Directory

If you read the Options directive in the apache docs page you will find
Warning section which explains why your above setting is not working.