> -----
> LogFormat = "%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd
> %refererquot %uaquot"
> CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

What do the logs at the proxy contain and look at the logs on the winblows
server

> LoadModule  proxy_module         /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so
> LoadModule  proxy_http_module    /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_http.so
> LoadModule  headers_module       /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_headers.so
> LoadModule  expires_module       /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_expires.so
> LoadFile    /usr/lib/libxml2.so
>
> ProxyPass   /owa                                http://internal_ip/owa
> ProxyPass   /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
> http://internal_ip/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
> -----
>
> Running on:
> VMware 5.1 guest
> Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64
> Apache 2.2.16 (Debian)
>
> I change the internal_ip from the 2007 server to the 2010 server and I'm
> unable to use OWA from a web browser or connect mobile devices. Reverting
> internal_ip to the 2007 server results in OWA and mobile devices working for
> mailboxes on the 2007 server, but no connectivity for users with mailboxes on
> the 2010 server.

I don't believe this is the place to further discuss if you do have a 2010
server config issue but from passed experience, make sure the 2010 server is
configured to accept the connections (iis)

> I have spent a few days now trying to find a solution to this through various
> channels with no luck. Based on what I have been able to find, it sounds like
> this can only be done now through Microsoft ForeFront for some reason
> (something to do with M$ using a non-standard protocol), but I'm hoping that
> isn't the case. I am fervently hoping someone on this list has had a similar
> experience and could provide some guidance. Thank you very much.

If that checks ok, you might look at the logs on your firewall/router to see
what the connection is doing. Especially if you had separate LAN's