 From: Adam Gross <agr...@gcpsite.com>
To: "users@httpd.apache.org" <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:56 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy with Exchange 2010

I am in the process of migrating from Exchange 2007 to 2010 and have hit a snag
with the reverse proxy settings. My httpd.conf file that had been working with
Exchange 2007 is as follows:

-----
LogFormat = "%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %refererquot
%uaquot"
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

LoadModule  proxy_module         /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule  proxy_http_module    /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_http.so
LoadModule  headers_module       /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule  expires_module       /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_expires.so
LoadFile    /usr/lib/libxml2.so

ProxyPass   /owa                                http://internal_ip/owa
ProxyPass   /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
http://internal_ip/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
-----

Running on:
VMware 5.1 guest
Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64
Apache 2.2.16 (Debian)

I change the internal_ip from the 2007 server to the 2010 server and I'm unable
to use OWA from a web browser or connect mobile devices. Reverting internal_ip
to the 2007 server results in OWA and mobile devices working for mailboxes on
the 2007 server, but no connectivity for users with mailboxes on the 2010
server. I have spent a few days now trying to find a solution to this through
various channels with no luck. Based on what I have been able to find, it
sounds like this can only be done now through Microsoft ForeFront for some
reason (something to do with M$ using a non-standard protocol), but I'm hoping
that isn't the case. I am fervently hoping someone on this list has had a
similar experience and could provide some guidance. Thank you very much.

Adam Gross | agr...@gcpsite.com | 859-630-8722
My Amazon Wish List: http://amzn.com/w/37BUC6U9ELZEF
believed to be clean.