Hello Jim,

Note that Proxy will also be communicating with Origin Server (OS) where
the content is going to come from. At AS, I am just expecting to process
the content received from OS. So in this context, I am looking at this AS
as an extension of Proxy server.

On other words, theoretically I can implement a module and put all the
logic in the AS, but I can't do that. So I offloading the task to AS. So I
need this module in between which will talk to the AS (HTTP Servlet on the
Tomcat).

Once the message is processed by AS, I can then send it either to OS or to
Client depending on the type of message. I am not sure  how does mod_proxy
and mod_proxy_http works in this scenario.

I am new to the Apache HTTP architecture. So having all the basic doubts.

/anil.