On 3/11/2013 4:20 PM, Peter Lorenzen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just realized that the reason there is no Windows binaries for 2.2.23
> and 2.2.24 is that the Apache Foundation does not provide the binaries
> and whoever provided them before does not anymore.

The first part is true. It's good to see that you have done your
homework. :) As for the second part, that may not be true, necessarily.

> I have assumed that the reason they were not available was because the
> bugs fixed with the two releases were not a problem for Windows.

That may very well be, but only the individual(s) creating the binaries
can say with certainty. If said individual has retired, we may never know.

> It might be naïve, but how should I know? I can find no mention of this
> on http://httpd.apache.org.
>

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html just states that
> the latest downloads can be found at http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi.
>

> I think it would be very prudent to update the Windows platform page so
> it reflects the reality for nobs like me.

I agree.

> I would not in a million years have downloaded binaries from
> http://www.apachelounge.com <http://www.apachelounge.com/download/>so I
> would also be nice with a link to them if this is considered a safe way
> of getting the binaries.

Again, I agree. If ASF will not or cannot provide binaries (I don't
blame it for not providing them, given the overhead associated with
doing so), it should provide recommendations (not to be confused with
endorsements).

> How do I go about getting the page updated? Can I somehow do it myself?
> If not who can I contact?

Paging Dr. Kew... I'm sure that others can answer this question
(unfortunately, I cannot), but Nick Kew (a frequent poster to this list,
and ASF developer, if I'm not mistaken) seems to be plugged into the
development pipeline. Presumably, you would need commit access to modify
the documentation yourself. Perhaps someone else on this list can
provide more information if you wish to gain commit access.

> Thanks
>
> Peter

Be well!

-Ben