Hi Bruno,

just read again the RFC you stated, I'm not sure about the assumption that
a realm can be contained within another.
Or may be the implementation done by Apache httpd cannot support multiple
nested realms.

As far as I see, you can define just one Realm that, eventually, override
the existing one.

This is from "Authentication and Authorization" (
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/auth.html )

*The AuthName directive sets the Realm to be used in the authentication.
The realm serves two major functions. First, the client often presents this
information to the user as part of the password dialog box. Second, it is
used by the client to determine what password to send for a given
authenticated area.*

On the other hand, I took a look at HTTP header during the conversation
between server and agent.
Well, the Agent, within its Request, sends an Authorization header quite
simple.
It don't even specify the realm, only type and credential:

Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ==

So I'm not sure it is possible have multiple realm.

Best,
Vincenzo

--
Vincenzo D'Amore