On 6/17/2013 11:39 PM, paul.warren.p.p...@accenture.com wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Im upgrading our httpd server from 2.0 to 2.2 on Windows.
>
> What would be the recommended procedure for this?
>
> Should I install on the same installation folder as Apache 2.0?
>

> Regards.
>
> PAUL

With all due respect, you couldn't possibly have done any research on
the Internet before asking here. Perhaps I'm alone in my thinking, but I
feel as though mailing lists should be the last resort, not the first.

You can install Apache anywhere you like. If you're using the MSI-style
installer, it may have ideas of its own, but it's dynamic in nature and
will populate the configuration files according to the selections you
make during installation.

If you're using a the "ZIP file method", you can extract it wherever you
like. The obvious advantage to renaming the old Apache directory and
installing Apache 2.2 to the same location is that you can duplicate
your old configuration file into the new installation and the paths
won't need adjustment. (But perhaps other directives changed between 2.0
and 2.2, and you'll need to consult the Change Log to identify which
directives those might be.)

Good luck,

-Ben