On 18/06/2013 5:21 PM, "Paul Beckett" <paul_beck...@outlook.com> wrote:

> I've read the Apache 2.4 caching guide, mod_cache and mod_cache_disk
pages, but am unsure whether I need a unique CacheRoot for each virtual
host, or whether multiple virtual hosts can/should share the same CacheRoot?

> Also I'm thinking of setting the CacheRoot to be a tmpfs mount
(effectively a ramdisk that will page out to swap space if theres not
enough ram to cache everything).

Why not mem cache then? Why would you bother with ramdisk if you want to
cache in memory?

If I'm using a unique CacheRoot (a sub-directory in the tmpfs mount), is
there anyway to configure Apache to create the CacheRoot directory if it
doesn't already exist? If anyone has any thoughts / recommendations / tips
in this regards to this approach I would be grateful to here them.