It's a good point but I need to able to access this site from one public IP
in particular. I thought an entry in /etc/hosts currently as:

127.0.0.1 [redacted alias for 3rd vhost]

would be sufficient but maybe not? If not, how can I get Apache to 'route'
to that 3rd vhost? What would people typically do in this case? BTW, I'm
not the DNS manager and won't get a FQDN for this stage of development.

-Kirk Woellert