That worked. I edited the /etc/host file on the linux client with a public
IP, and I can get access to the 3rd vhost. Finally, get back to the
original issue which started all this.

I need to be able expose the site to certain decision makers while its
under development. Hence why I tried Order, Deny, Allow directives for a
public IP. I can't edit their individual /etc/hosts files. Any other way to
help Apache route to the 3rd vhost until I can get a FQDN?