I am new to apache, so forgive me if this is a beginner questions.

I am trying to redirect request to apache based on the IP address.  Depending
on where the request originates from, the request will either have a external
or internal IP address.  External will be redirected to the external site,
internal will be redirected to the internal site.

Request to www.site.com<http://www.site.com> will be evaluated based on the IP
address. Then redirected to either
www.site.com/external<http://www.site.com/external> or
www.site.com/internal<http://www.site.com/internal>.  I am able to accomplish
this with the following.

         RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^1.1.1.1
         RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.site.com/internal<http://www.site.com/internal>
[R=301,L]

         RewriteCond %{REMOTE_ADDR} ^2.2.2.2
         RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.site.com/external<http://www.site.com/external>
[R=301,L]

The problem I am running into is that this is in a loop.  Every request will be
evaluated and redirected.  If possible, I need a way to redirect once, then let
other request (www.site.com/external/a/b/c<http://www.site.com/external/a/b/c>
or www.site.com/internal/x/y/z<http://www.site.com/internal/x/y/z> )not be
evaluated and then redirected

Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[CWT2]

Kim Clark | Sr. Technical Analyst, Technology
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
phone +1 763 212 3092 | fax +1 763 212 3200
701 Carlson Parkway MS 8209 | Minnetonka, MN 55305 | USA
kcl...@carlsonwagonlit.com<mailto:fvandel...@carlsonwagonlit.com?subject=Dear%20Fred>|
  www.carlsonwagonlit.com<http://www.carlsonwagonlit.com/>

With offices in more than 150 countries and territories, Carlson Wagonlit
Travel deploys the right people, processes, technologies and skills to
consistently deliver effective travel management and bottom-line results.

[cid:image002.png@01CC0AA4.34510120]<http://www.cwtsavvytraveler.com/>

[cid:image003.png@01CC0AA4.34510120]<http://www.twitter.com/CWTNorthAmerica>

[cid:image004.png@01CC0AA4.34510120]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/CWT-Savvy-Traveler/191418547541327#!/pages/CWT-Savvy-Traveler/191418547541327>

<<inline: image001.png>>