Igor,
Hi
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was talking about the peer option in HAProxy;
but I think that option is appropriate in a situation that the two load
balancers are configured to use the sticky table as the mechanism to
maintain active sessions; is that right? In other words, if the cookie
method is used, there is no need to synchronize the sticky table between
two load balancers; do you agree?
Now, is the same situation valid for Apache? I mean, if we configure two
apache servers using mod_proxy_balancer as load balancers and also
configure the back-end web server to set the cookie, in a case when one of
the load balancers fails, is the session maintained using the other active
balancer?
By the way, suppose that there is only one back-end web server.
Thanks again.

Warm Regards,
Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani