I'm using multi ipaddress setup with virtual hosts to support different certificates.

For one of the hosts we currently don't have DNS pointing to the right ip so I edited my hosts file to point myextended.host.com at the relevant ip. This host has a GlobalSign extended cert. We want to check the setup before going live.

On windows I checked that all the popular browsers see my extended certificate and see green url bars ok.

On linux chromium shows green, but on one machine firefox shows untrusted and on another it shows green.

Is there a way to check the certificate setup from a linux box without having the correct dns in place? I normally use GlobalSign's test stuff, but that won't work without the right dns in place.
--
Robin Becker