> Von: Robin Becker [mailto:ro...@reportlab.com]
>
> On 09/10/2013 13:15, Fiedler Roman wrote:
> >
> > Unless you want to use client certificates from globalsign,
> "SSLCACertificateFile" will not make sense. See [1]
> >
> > Roman
> >
> > [1]
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcacertificatefile
>
> This page https://support.globalsign.com/customer/portal/articles/1225234
> says
> explicitly that I need the SSLCACertificateFile directive

Strange, perhaps I misread the configuration or this is just required so that
NSA can login if you happen to want to use client-certificates also.

> > Your virtual host section will need to contain the following directives:
> >
> >     SSLCACertificateFile - This will need to point to the appropriate
> GlobalSign root CA certificate.
> >     SSLCertificateChainFile - This will need to point to the appropriate
> intermediate root CA certificates you previously created in Step 1 above.
> >     SSLCertificateFile - This will need to point to the end entity
> > certificate.
> This is the certificate you have called "mydomain.crt."
> >     SSLCertificateKeyFile - This will need to point to the private key file
> associated with your certificate.
>
> what I don't understand is where the cross certificate goes.

I've just put all chain certificates into " SSLCertificateChainFile", nothing
else was required on apache2.2. But we had problems with some clients, that
still did not want to accept the chain, mostly on mobile devices.