I figured it out so. I did it too. I installed the httpd.exe from cmd.exe.
 The service did get installed successfully. But still some problems have
been coming up and the apache engine would not start. Please see the log
from my command prompt as follows:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd.exe -k
install -
n "Apache2" -f "C:\Users\sa269817\httpd-win7.conf"
Installing the Apache2 service
The Apache2 service is successfully installed.
Testing httpd.conf....
Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.
httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 67 of C:/Users/sa269817/httpd-win7.conf:
Cannot
load C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/default/modules/
mod_actions.so into server: The specified module could not be found.