Remember that IPs are easily spoofed. but we all do it, and the access
restrictions are so much cleaner, as well as other things in apache2.4, so
if you can i'd upgrade.  You're obviously building these as VHosts, so they
can go int the virutual host container, but you want this page:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/access.html and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authz_host.html#allow

In Apache 2.2

Order allow, deny
Allow from 172.168.10

Each vhost can do this in a separate <Directory /myapp/my-test1/demo/>
block but does not seem useful . I would keep this out of Tomcat, but thats
just me.

Again, if you have the ability upgrade to 2.4, disable mod_compatibility
and use the require all syntax, it will take more work, but apache has come
a long way sing 2.2.