Thanks everyone for getting back on this one,

If I have to do this in as per Jeff, which file should I be changing?
Each vhost can do this in a separate <Directory /myapp/my-test1/demo/>
block but does not seem useful . I would keep this out of Tomcat, but thats
just me.

I also read that, we can use in the Tomcat context.xml file...Has anyone
tried this?

<Context antiJARLocking="true" path="/">
 <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve" />
 <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteAddrValve"
deny="{IP_address}" />
</Context>

--
Regards,