From: Jeff Trawick [mailto:traw...@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 January 2014 13:29
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: SSL bridging with Apache reverse proxy

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:48 AM, Sittampalam, Nagu
<nagu.sittampa...@southampton.gov.uk<mailto:nagu.sittampa...@southampton.gov.uk>>
 wrote:
Hello

I did not get any response to my below email so I assume SSL bridging cannot be
done on Apache reverse proxy.   So wanted to know if it is possible to do SSL
tunnelling with Apache reverse proxy?

"Reverse" proxy hides the backend server from the client, and the httpd doing
the proxying is the SSL termination point.  I don't think you mean to refer to
"reverse" proxy.

See the notes on the CONNECT protocol support here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_connect.html

Nagu Sittampalam | Security Team Leader , IT Solutions Division | Southampton
Strategic Services Partnership | Landline: 02380 833012 | Fax: 02380 832973 |
e-mail
nagu.sittampa...@southampton.gov.uk<mailto:nagu.sittampa...@southampton.gov.uk>
| e-mail nagu.sittampa...@capita.co.uk<mailto:nagu.sittampa...@capita.co.uk> |
post Capita ITS, 1st Floor, One Guildhall Square, Above Bar, Southampton, SO14
7FP
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be
subject to legal privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you may
not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please notify
the sender immediately and delete the original e-mail from your system.

Is it possible to do SLL bridging with Apache reverse proxy?  Searching on the
internet most result suggest it does not work.  We want to use Apache reverse
proxy to allow internet clients to connect to our Microsoft SCCM 2012 server.
This requires SLL bridging with the ability to pass through client
authentication  header information.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/