From:   Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
To:     users@httpd.apache.org
Date:   02/04/2014 11:11 AM
Subject:        Re: [users@httpd]

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:38 AM,  <john_wal...@papajohns.com> wrote:
> I have tried, in vain, for over a week now to get apache installed on a
> server running AIX6.1 I have installed many products, one at a time,
because
> it only screams about a product one at a time. I thought I was at the
very
> last piece of the compile for apache and it said it couldn't find
> pcre-config even though it has an explicit pointer in the command line.
The
> apache notes say that certain platforms require the -dev product be
> installed to get past this known bug. There's only one problem with that
> resolution. The -dev product doesn't exist for AIX6.1. If anyone can get
> real install doc for this or even point me to a -dev product to install,
> I'll try it but having to spend 2 weeks just trying to install one
product
> is crazy.

Have you looked at the wiki?  https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/AIXPlatform

My last AIX build on 2.4 used pcre and expat from http://www.perzl.org
rather than the IBM toolbox. But there are probably ways to get all
different varieties to work.

This communication is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named as the addressee. It may contain information that is
privileged and/or confidential under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or such recipient's employee or agent, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately via email and delete this
communication and its attachments without making any copies. Thank you for
your cooperation.