*From:* Steven Siebert [mailto:smsi...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:43 AM
*To:* users@httpd.apache.org
*Subject:* Re: [users@httpd] PHP works but not PHP pages.

And, of course, the second error is complaining that your directory
permissions are incorrect.

According to you httpd.conf file you're running the httpd server with
user/group daemon/daemon!  That's probably not a good idea, assuming that's
a system-created account (I've seen it created by linux in a fair number of
/etc/password files).  You should create a new local service account and
use that only for httpd...then set the owner of the files to that
account/group...as well as the appropriate permission.

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Michael Peters <