Sorry.. but I'm a newbie...

As far as I understand Apache does not use "/etc/ldap/ldap.conf" or
whatever.

You specify all settings in your httpd.conf or vhost configuration like:

<Location /your_auth_required_location>
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Authentication required">
         AuthBasicProvider ldap
         AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
         AuthLDAPBindDN cn=Manager,dc=domain
         AuthLDAPBindPassword <Manager_pass>
     AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldapserver.domain"
     Require user username
     Require ldap-group dn_of_group
</Location>

For each "sub" location... just need to specify the group or users you
allow with:

<Location /whatever>
	Require user username
	Require ldap-group dn_of_other_group
</Location>

Remeber users and groups are "ORed", not AND'ed.

Hope this helps you.

Tx,
   Saxa