Hi.

I have a similar issue.

I need to make a rewrite rule for this URL:
/
///geturl?url=http://example.com/somepicture.jpg/

to proxy it to the /"//url"/ parameter value.

So, i used rules like this:

/RewriteEngine on//
//RewriteOptions Inherit//
//RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}       !-f//
//RewriteRule  ^/geturl?url=(.*)$                   $1 [P,L]//
/
But if there is no such file /"//geturl//"/, Apache responses with 404 error. If this file is in there, then it responses 200 and do nothing :)

I can't see any solution except writing a PHP-proxifying script.