OMG, it worked as tiny swiss clocks! Thanks Igor.

05.08.2014 12:36, Igor Cicimov пишет:

On 05/08/2014 5:30 PM, "Ivan Bondarev" <ivan.bonda...@neklo.com <mailto:ivan.bonda...@neklo.com>> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have a similar issue.
>
> I need to make a rewrite rule for this URL:
>
> /geturl?url=http://example.com/somepicture.jpg
>
> to proxy it to the "url" parameter value.
>
> So, i used rules like this:
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteOptions Inherit
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}       !-f
> RewriteRule  ^/geturl?url=(.*)$ $1         [P,L]

Is this inside  virtual host? First:

No, this is not a virtual host. But thanks for advice.

REQUEST_FILENAME
The full local filesystem path to the file or script matching the request, if this has already been determined by the server at the time REQUEST_FILENAME is referenced. Otherwise, such as when used in virtual host context, the same value as REQUEST_URI.

So inside virtual host you need to give the absolute path to the file like:

RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

Second mod_rewrite DOES NOT match against the query string (i cant remember how many times i have said that on this list) so anything after and including ? in the uri given to mod_rewrite like this:

RewriteRule  ^/geturl?url=(.*)$

will not work. You have to use RewriteCond with QUERY_STRING parameter, like this:

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^url=(.*)$

I don't know how i missed this topic in documentation, but i didn't mind this. Looks like this is really actual topic if two guys asks the question which is already answered for a thousand times.

So, your final code would look something like this (not tested typing while on the train):

RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^url=(.*)$
RewriteRule  ^/geturl$    %1   [P,L]

Worked like a charm!