What memory leak exactly? You are just proxying to tomcat.

Increase the number of maxrequestsperchild to a more sensible number, such
as 10.000 or even higher, so httpd is not constantly renewing childs if you
have even a minimum load.

Add more servers to avoid your issue, and try to use more threads too, 50
at least.

It seems like you are constraining too much, and apache 2.2.15 with
mpm_worker can give much much more.

You will notice performance increasing greatly overall.