On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Rose, John B <jbr...@utk.edu> wrote:

>  Any pro/con views, personal experience, insights on these tools, or any
> not listed here you think are good?
>
>  Ab - Apache
> jmeter
> Webpagetest
> Httperf
> Apache Flood
>
>  We have tried ab, webpagetest, and jmeter a bit but still learning.
>
>  Thanks

What aspects do you plan to test?

Most, maybe all, can create arbitrary load on your server, at least when
you use multiple clients.
Most, maybe all, can check the HTTP response code.
Some can perform detailed checks of response content.
Some can use the response from one request to drive subsequent requests,
such as when simulating login or more complex user flows.

Maybe the question is what combination of load testing and functional
testing do you need?

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/