| Maybe the question is what combination of load testing and functional testing
do you need?

I would like to test the values/settings we have had on our Apache 2.2
webserver with as close as
possible to the equivalent settings in our new Apache 2.4 server.

We would like to experiment with each value and run a test for each value
change we make and see the im
pact on the response perfromance and load on the server resources, RAM, CPU,
Network capacity, various
states shown in server-status. Over the years things have been put in place
just to get it running or q
uickly fixed. We want to thoroughly vette our web server configuration settings
with this opportunity.

We would like to take the historical log of accesses to the current production
2.2 server and run
those against our 2.4 server. Experiement with existing directives and their
values. Try other
directives that look potentially useful we havent tried before. See how they
help or hinder
performance.

We want to take each of the new features of 2.4 and one by one try them and
test each one with
various values.

We want to stress test the server to see the maximum load it can take from a
RAM perspective,
then a CPU perspective, and still have acceptable perfromance. Find the tipping
point of
simultaneous connectivity that begins to render the server unusable and the
approx number of
connections when that is likely occur.

We want to know from the server perspective that we have everything as
optimally tuned
for performance and capacity as we can possibly get it. Up to the point where
only the
developers web site development techniques would be the only thing that could
slow it down.

And we are open to any suggestions from you experts.