I am not going into detail about where it is best to place your interpreted
files so, since httpd won't be the interpreter in any case, yes you can use
the language you want, python,lua or whatever you prefer, just make sure
you have the appropriate module loaded that can interpret the language you
will use, for example , lua is supported natively by mod_lua which is
included in httpd 2.4.x