This issue was first submitted as a bug report but I was advised to use
this mailing list instead.

The problem occurs with an 'out of the box' configuration (tested on debian
and windows)

Our php web site requires sometimes a reentrant call (i.e. it calls
file_get_contents(http://127.0.0.1/reentrant.php).

Most of the times calls are really fast (<1ms) but a few ones take over 0.5
secs.

We had a hard time reproducing the bug but we finally found a php script
that calls itself (see enclosure).

To test it just try http://127.0.0.1/reentrant.php?count=10 where 10 is the
reentrancy level.

The script works fine with NGINX that's why we suspect apache rather than
PHP.

Sample output with count=15
Each value of 'report' is the time spent between the http request and the
execution of the first PHP line.

{
    "microtime": 1431414304.2875,
    "report": [
        0.0014371871948242,
        0.1552619934082,
        0.020139932632446,
        0.82674908638,
        0.5719690322876,
        0.00056719779968262,
        0.00065994262695312,
        0.00075387954711914,
        0.00066518783569336,
        0.00063514709472656,
        0.00071001052856445,
        0.00066900253295898,
        0.00063490867614746,
        0.00070381164550781,
        0.00070095062255859
    ]

}

You can see that 3 calls are ridiculously slow for a simple localhost
request.

We don't believe in an misconfiguration issue since we reproduced it with
an out of the box config.

Feel free to reopen the BR 57916 if you agree that it is a bug.

Regards,

Luc