Hi,

I am running Redhat 7.1 and apache 2.4 but I am not able to find any
documentation on the "/etc/sysconfig/httpd" file.

I am new to apache and I am trying to save the value of "uname -n" to a
variable and from what I was reading the place to set the value would be in
the "/etc/sysconfig/httpd" file.

I was able to assign a constant value to a variable but I would like to get
the name of the server that is running the httpd daemon so that I can use
regex to determine if I am running in development or production.

This works.

HTTPD_ENV_NAME="devl"

I have tried the following with no success.

HTTPD_HOSTNAME=`hostname`
HTTPD_HOSTNAME=${hostname}
HTTPD_HOSTNAME=$(hostname)

Any help on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.