A second question...

Again, running Apache 2.2 with Debian 7. Trying to simplify all the vhost config files.

In the sites-available files, there is the following code:

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/

    <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride None
        Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

Same question, is this necessary? Can I delete it?

Most of our older sites are simple. Some go back to 1995 with hand-coded html. I gather this is for perl only.

On one of our older sites, it has perhaps ten simple html pages. But we are running an old perl script (Accesswatch). I can't seem to access mysite.com/cgi-bin/ -- in the old days I seem to remember one could do that.

So if I remove this code, would my perl script die, or would everything explode?

Thank you.