Hi,

I have 2 different theories about what is happening with your code.

First, this line looks wrong
SSLCertificateFile      "/example.crt"

Do you have your certificate file in the root directory?
Try changing it for this

SSLCertificateFile      "example.crt"

or providing the full path to the file, for example
"/home/user/cert/example.crt" for Linux/UNIX or "C:/cert/ecample.crt" for
Windows.

Second, you define your certificate inside IfDefine tags, are you sure
conditions for IfDefine are met?

Regards,

Matías