Another question, I see you have SSLProxyEngine On, so I assume your are
using it as a Reverse Proxy. Does the backend requires SSL aswell? In that
case you will need at least the trusted certificate for the backend's
server certificate specified in SSLProxyCACertificateFile.

What version of Apache are you using?

Are you sure Apache have privileges over that directory?