Apache 2.4.x on SLES12. We have a web app in tomcat that is directly accessible
by port 8080 and 8443. We use a combination of proxypass and mod_jk to connect
to it from apache (never could get this to work without using both). We also
use a https redirect to make it easier for the users. So if you type
share.domain.tld you land at https://share.domain.tld/share. This worked up
until a day ago. Now when you type share.domain.tld you get a 404 and the
address is NOT redirected to https. Here is the redirect statements that have
been working fine until now:

#  Redirect Share to HTTPS
    ProxyPass /share/ https://share.domain.tld/share/
    ProxyPassReverse /share/ https://share.domain.tld/share/
    RedirectMatch ^/$ https://share.domain.tld/share/

No updates have been done since this was working so i don't think that is what
broke it. Is there a way to tell if mod_jk is the culprit?