I have Apache 2.4.12 running on a 64 bit Windows Server 2012 R2
installation that periodically just stops serving web pages.  Usually it
will start working after an hour or two, or if I'm in a position to remote
into the server I can restart the service using the Apache Service Monitor,
and normally get it to start without waiting.  There is absolutely nothing
in the error or access logs.  I have not seen anything that seems to relate
in the Windows logs either.  I thought it might be having a firewall
(either Windows or router), but last time it stopped, while remoted into
the server, I brought up Firefox and tried to access a web page or two.  I
get the browser error that the web server is not responding (or something
along that line).  That should eliminate the router, or Windows firewall I
would think.  As soon as I restart the Apache service, both Firefox on the
server and on a remote computer are able to access pages.

 The server gets restarted every Friday afternoon, and last Friday Apache
stopped within a couple hours.    Problem happen anywhere from a few hours
to several days apart.  This is a very plain vanilla server that is serving
three Virtual Hosts (all are affected at the same time), with no dynamic
content - just plain old html

 Any good ideas of a cause or where to start looking?

 Jim Walls
 j...@k6ccc.org