Hello,

We are running apache 2.2.15, a simple asset server using a read-only mounted
filesystem with millions of static files in it.

We are going to generate daily a list of asset names we need to prevent access
to, about a thousand of them.

We would like to avoid adding a layer of high level language as PHP/Perl…

Is there a better approach than writing a very long RewriteRule based on all
those names and issue a [R=404]?
We were looking in RewriteMap but feel we need the “complement” of it,
something like:
“RewriteRule ${deniedMap} – [R=404]”
But even so this “map” would still be a non-efficient regular expression based
code.

Any insight would be very welcome!

Best regards,
J.Etter