Hello team,

I am facing issue during installation of httpd-2.0.63 in IBM AIX 7.1.

I am using the xlc_r compiler to configure. The onfiguration is sucessfull.
while  I am issuing the "make" the shared libraries inside the module
location generated with ".la" extension. But these are suppose to generate
with ".so" extension. So when I am starting the "apachectl start" command.
It is looking for "mod_access.so" and don't locate the file as this is
generated with "mod_access.la" and starting of apache service fails.

The libtool here we are using is 1.5.

I am using below env variable and configure command to complie apache.

export CC=xlc_r
export CXX=xlC_r
export CFLAGS="-q64"
export LDFLAGS="-b64"
export EXTRA_LDFLAGS_SHLIB="-b64"
export OBJECT_MODE=64

./configure --prefix=/ContentServer/apache --enable-so
--enable-mods-shared=most --with-mpm=prefork

Please assist me to get this resolved.
--
Sandeep Acharya