I currently have Apache setup as a reverse proxy to another server.

I was hoping to use mod_lua to slightly tweak the request body of incoming
requests before sending them off to the other server. I have mod_lua setup
enough so that I have a LuaHookInsertFilter that is pointing to my
LuaInputFilter. But the question is, what does the function in the
LuaHookInsertFilter have to return so that the modified request continues on to
the proxy?

Right now I have something like:

function handle(r)
    r.info(r, "example handler called") -- debug print
    r:add_input_filter("myInputFilter")
    return apache2.PROXYREQ_REVERSE
end
Am I using the right LuaHook? Any examples would be greatly appreciated.