On 22/04/2016 17:55, Oscar Knorn wrote:
Am 21.04.2016 um 14:05 schrieb Richard:
Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016 01:01:25 -0400
From: "Brandon L. Wisenburg" <bran...@wisenburg.com>

All,
Is it possible to use PHP 5.2.5 with Apache/2.4.6

I have an application that was written in WAMP5 using PHP 5.2.5,
and I am trying to get the application onto a CentOS server and I
can't get it to work with 5.4.16

Are there any good tutorials on using an older version of PHP with
Apache?
Leaving aside what it would take to do this, I think that attempting
that route is dangerous.

Based on your PHP release, I suspect that you are running Centos-7.
While RHEL (therefore included in Centos) backports security fixes,
keeping the base release number stable, I doubt that you will find a
release of php 5.2.5 that will work on Centos-7 that is current on
all the security fixes since 5.2.5 was released in 2007.

A much better approach would be to do the necessary one-time fixes to
your php code and stick with distribution-supported apache/php
releases (or do your own installs, of *newer* releases).

What about rewriting the application's PHP Code to run on PHP 7?
I guess that's the best way to achive what you want.

Cheers Oscar

Or if there is an option then use Windows to host multiple php versions. I use them all the time on my development machine that is running Windows 10 and IIS. you just need to make sure you have the correct VC++ run time libraries. You can download them from Microsoft Website (VC9, VC10, VC11/12, VC14).

I agree, the old code should to be migrated to run on latest PHPs.