Been discussed recently, see https://www.spinics.net/lists/apache-users/msg112140.html (or other browser for this maillist). I still vote for stunnel.

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili
On 03/05/16 16:48, Gaetan Njinang wrote:
Hello,

Please, I have a problem. I need to activate NULL cipher in modssl.

I need to implement a strong authentication between two servers groups. First group of servers: reverse proxies. Second group of servers: backend application servers. It is very important to not increase the load of reverse proxies (because they are already overloaded - they will not support the price of ciphering communications). So, I need to force the proxies servers and the backends to negotiate a NULL cipher. Conceptually, it makes sense, since I just need authentication.

Can someone help me on that, please ? Is it possible without recompiling apache and/or the modssl ?

Thanks