Hi Eric

Thanks for getting back to me. So if there is no mime type when it wants to
cache which is why the AddOutputFilterType CACHE filter isn't doing what I
expect, but SetOutputFilter CACHE gets caching before compression correct,
is there any way I can apply mod_expires and mod_headers before passing to
be cached also? This ensures that correct cache control headers are used
prior to being dealt with by mod_cache

Currently with:

>  SetOutputFilter CACHE
>  AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/css
application/javascript application/rss+xml

output is being cached BEFORE mod_expires adds its headers so its not
adhering to content expiry times.

Essentially I want Apache to do everything it needs to in order to generate
content (uncompressed, so as to not maintain multiple copies of content
based on the "Vary" header), then cache it and finally gzip it before it
goes out if the client supports gzip via mod_deflate

Is this something that can be achieved or does it require modification of
modules?

Thanks