Hi Team, I have been battling this for several weeks now and am completely stumped, so I am hoping for some inspiration!

We are using standard ubuntu 14.02 lamp stack, but reverted back to php5.

We use backlevel Codeigniter framework (v2).

My latest task is to integrate Paypal Express checkout into our website. After much research I have managed to code up units for a) getting a token, b) creating a payment c) completing a payment (using server side integration). I have pasted the recommended button code into one of our views.

I can successfully test each step from the command line. However, when I create a simple controller and integrate my code into an extended CI_Controller class nothing works. I also employ CI routing. I cannot even get any error_log logging from my scripts.

When I look at the Firefox debugging/console I see loads of stuff from Paypal objects and in particular some reference to an HSTS header not being parsed.

Sooooo, the reason for this post is to sanity check what I am doing and to see if anyone can see an obvous mistake in my approach. I admit to be wallowing around in all this detail somewhat, but perhaps I have uncovered a strange problem in Paypal world, although I tend to think that is unlikely!

The slight irony is we are only integrating (deliberately) the simplest PP interface and I'm in a world of hurt, so any kind advice or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul