On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Martin Knoblauch <kn...@knobisoft.de> wrote:
>>  Apparently apr-util no longer bundles "expat". So my question: what is the
>> correct/intended way to work around this?
>

> apr-util accepts a --with-expat.  If you build apr-util under httpd's
> srclib/ --with-expat can be specified at the top and it will be passed
> down.

Note this shouldn't be necessary once you've installed libexpat
(-dev / -devel depending on your OS conventions.)

Expat 2 is finally quite stable and with some luck you can rely
on your OS vendor to patch security defects. Once you've installed
the dev[el] package, apr should detect expat without hints.