G’day Eric,

Thanks so much for taking the time to generate a working config.

Initially it didn’t work.

So I performed a packet capture outbound from my browser (which showed the
Upgrade header), and also inbound to the apache process and determined that the
‘Upgrade’ header was lost somewhere in between.  Turned out to be my Squid
proxy server as per this topic.

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2017-January/013953.html
<http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2017-January/013953.html>

After bypassing the squid cache, your config below (and the SetEnvIf
previously) worked perfectly.

My sincere thanks Eric.

Cheers,
D.