Eduardo,

It looks like you're trying to get it working with Xymon so you might want
to ask on that list as well.  I had a heck of a time getting it to work but
I ended up using mod_authnz_external.c to configure it to use PAM.  This is
the config I use:

    <IfModule mod_authnz_external.c>
        # Require SSL connection for password protection.
        SSLRequireSSL

        AuthBasicProvider external file
        AuthExternal pwauth
        AuthGroupFile /etc/xymon/xymongroups
        GroupExternal unixgroup
        <RequireAll>
            # "valid-user" restricts access to anyone who is logged in.
            Require valid-user

            # "group xymon" restricts access to users who have logged in,
AND
            # are members of the "xymon" group in xymongroups.
            Require group xymon
        </RequireAll>
    </IfModule>

While not exactly what you're doing, I hope this helps nudge you in the
right direction.

=G=