> according to the docs, you can actually specify the protocol:
>
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_wstunnel.html :
>
> "In fact the module can be used to upgrade to other protocols, you can set
> the upgrade parameter in the ProxyPass directive to allow the module to
> accept other protocol."
>
> From https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass :
>
> "Parameter "upgrade", default "WebSocket": Protocol accepted in the Upgrade
> header by mod_proxy_wstunnel. See the documentation of this module for more
> details."
>
> So maybe setting "upgrade=websocket" as a ProxyPass parameter might already
> achieve what Mark is looking for?
>
> Regards
> Jens

Hi Jens,

I saw this upgrade parameter in the manual earlier and tried it. But
it doesn't appear to be valid (manual reference notwithstanding),
config test complains about a syntax error when I add it, even with
providing the default value.

The manual isn't very clear about it.

The documentation for the mod_proxy_wstunnel
(https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_wstunnel.html)
suggests that it should be upgrade=ANY or upgrade=NONE. But I still
can't get configtest to pass with it set to ANY or NONE either.

Thanks,
~Mark