Am 08.02.2018 um 19:50 schrieb Mark Nenadov:
according to the docs, you can actually specify the protocol:

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_wstunnel.html :

"In fact the module can be used to upgrade to other protocols, you can set the
upgrade parameter in the ProxyPass directive to allow the module to accept other
protocol."

 From https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass :

"Parameter "upgrade", default "WebSocket": Protocol accepted in the Upgrade header
by mod_proxy_wstunnel. See the documentation of this module for more details."

So maybe setting "upgrade=websocket" as a ProxyPass parameter might already
achieve what Mark is looking for?

Regards
Jens

Hi Jens,

I saw this upgrade parameter in the manual earlier and tried it. But
it doesn't appear to be valid (manual reference notwithstanding),
config test complains about a syntax error when I add it, even with
providing the default value.

The manual isn't very clear about it.

The documentation for the mod_proxy_wstunnel
(https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy_wstunnel.html)
suggests that it should be upgrade=ANY or upgrade=NONE. But I still
can't get configtest to pass with it set to ANY or NONE either.

Can you post one of your failed configs and the error message?

It should be something like

< LocationMatch "/somewhere" >
  ProxyPass wss://192.168.1.77/some_url_on_tomcat upgrade=websocket
< / LocationMatch >

Regards,

Rainer